Re: [eLyXer-users] eLyXer footer

From: Jens Nöckel
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] eLyXer footer
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:20:21 -0700

Hi,
if eLyXer is to be the default LyX exporter for HTML, I would tend to agree
with Jack that a footer should be optional but turned off by default. I don't
have a strong opinion on this, but I am looking at it by analogy to the main
"export" format for LyX, which is PDF. There, we don't have a footer saying
"created using LaTeX" either...

The HTML code already identifies eLyXer in the "generator" meta tag anyway, so
a footer seems a bit too intrusive (even though traditionally it is true that
HTML converters such as latex2html have that by default). Even in htlatex
(tex4ht) there is no footer when I (e.g.) use it to export ODT format. The
difference between eLyXer and earlier HTML converters is that it directly
parses LyX syntax and doesn't go through LaTeX, so I would say eLyXer should
not have a default footer if tex4ht doesn't insert one, either.

Best wishes,
Jens