Re: [eLyXer-users] Suggestion to add \stackrel support

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Suggestion to add \stackrel support
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 00:30:34 +0200

Hi José Ramón,

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Alex Fernandez <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Previous example looks better (similar to LaTeX) with "top: 0.7em;".
>
> Seems like a good compromise.

I have found that your proposed change left too much space between
lines. I think I found a different set of styles that yields the same
effect, but leaving less inter-linear space:

span.stackrel {
        display: inline-block;
        text-align: center;
}
span.upstackrel {
        display: block;
        padding: 0em;
        font-size: 80%;
        line-height: 0.2em;
}
span.downstackrel {
        display: block;
        vertical-align: bottom;
        padding: 0em;
}

The trick is to shrink the upper line while aligning the bottom line.
With Firefox it looks good. Can you check that it works for you?

Alex.