Re: Prickliness of the "invalid byte code" stuff

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: Prickliness of the "invalid byte code" stuff
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 14:35:18 -0700

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

After 22 hours, 55 minutes, 40 seconds of Emacs uptime,
      RSS: 1738828
      VSize: 2483972
      %Mem:  5.3
      %CPU:  0.4

which look fairly normal to what I was seeing in the past with emacspeak
compiled using byte-compile-dynamic.

I've also not noticed any perceivable lag (desktop and laptop) when
calling autoloaded functions from  large modules for the first time, e.g.

https://github.com/tvraman/emacspeak/blob/7957d9c0e6effc9749d027779c36a6cd82c05ebd/lisp/emacspeak-wizards.el
This module has over 4200 lines of code, and functions from it are often
used for the first time many hours after Emacs has been started.

--
Id: kg:/m/0285kf1