Re: master b9ac4f8.. (Fix locating pdump by symlink) breaks with stow

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master b9ac4f8.. (Fix locating pdump by symlink) breaks with stow
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 20:23:22 +0300

> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 09:06:37 -0700
> From: address@hidden
> Cc: Andy Moreton <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
>  > Building commit 65d45def8d71e50d111adf1141011a5d30a27447 still fails on
>  > MSYS2 (Windows), and adds warnings:
>
>  I'm working on this.
>
> Thanks. I thought gnulib was supposed to "just work" here.

It mostly does, but not in this case, evidently.  And even if it did,
we cannot use in Emacs Gnulib modules that manipulate file names,
because Gnulib on Windows supports only file names encodable in the
current ANSI codepage, whereas Emacs supports the full Unicode.  Also,
in this case there are two more problems: (1) canonicalize-lgpl.c
doesn't support symlinks on Windows, and (2) it uses 'stat', which we
replaced in Emacs by our own enhanced implementation.  So there are
more than enough reasons for this changeset to require additional work
on Windows ;-)

Thanks for fixing this issue on Posix platforms.  Did you close the
bug which Richard opened about this?