Re: Question about display engine

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Question about display engine
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 15:05:37 +0200

> Yes, that's exactly the point. The only face I see that needs to be
> extended so far is the region. If only the region is extended
> (assuming we won't stop extending that one too) you won't need your
> workarounds, extra settings, another flag in the face structure, or
> call extend face to end of line most of the time.

I'm afraid things are not that simple.  We have at least the secondary
selection and 'hl-line-mode' to take care of.  Moreover, there might
be users who do prefer the current way of extending (and not
extending) faces to window edges.  And I have no idea whether image or
rectangular regions require special treatment too.

martin