RE: Settings

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Settings
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 16:20:06 -0700 (PDT)

>   > IOW if Emacs just loads ~/.emacs.d/custom.el before
> ~/.emacs.d/emacs.el
>   > some things will break, and same thing if it swaps the order.
>
> I wonder if we can do something more intelligent about this.
> For instance, can we figure out that certain variables need to be set
> early and others late?

Whatever might be figured out, IMO it needs to be possible
for a user to control when `custom-file' (it's value) gets
loaded.

IOW, maybe some intelligent default handling can be
contrived.  But a user who needs to load `custom-file'
at one (or more!) specific points in her init file should
always be able to do so.