Re: Settings

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Settings
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 19:22:48 -0400

  > Whatever might be figured out, IMO it needs to be possible
  > for a user to control when `custom-file' (its value) gets
  > loaded.

My point is that maybe we don't want to process all custom
definitions in one single batch.  If we can identify specific
needs with regard to particular custom variables, we could
do something more sophisticated, and MAYBE we could make that
work right for every user without requiring that the user
figure out a solution that works right for all of them.

--
Dr Richard Stallman