Re: Add new functions to mark/unmark/delete all bookmarks

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Add new functions to mark/unmark/delete all bookmarks
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 11:05:55 -0400

> I wonder (1) why bookmark-menu is not derived from
> tabulated-list-mode,

AFAIK `tabulated-list-mode` was born much later than `bookmark-menu`.
I think we'd welcome a patch to make it use `tabulated-list-mode`.

> and (2) if maybe tabulated-list-mode would benefit from a generic
> implementation of multiple marking, unmarking, marking-for-deletion,
> and command application.

Maybe "for deletion" is too application-specific (some uses of
`tabulated-list-mode` can't "delete" or at least not conveniently enough
that it's a common use case), but a definite +1 for the rest.

        Stefan