Re: Add new functions to mark/unmark/delete all bookmarks

From: Matthew White
Subject: Re: Add new functions to mark/unmark/delete all bookmarks
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 20:28:56 +0200

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 19:55:16 +0300
Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > From: Michael Albinus
> > Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 18:43:41 +0200
> >
> > > To clarify: I don't mind such a style _in_Lisp_comments_.
> >
> > Sure. But the original question was how-to-quote. And a quoting
> > `like-this' in Lisp comments seems to be preferred. Until we add
> > highlighting for quoting 'like-this' in Lisp comments.
>
> The original question was how to quote in *commit messages*.  The part
> about comments was my addition.

Thanks to all, Eli Zaretskii, Michael Albinus, and Drew Adams.

Yes, the question, as Eli pointed out, was about quoting (E)LISP
elements (variables, functions, etc.) in *commit messages*... In
Emacs it's so cool the fontification of comments `like-this'. So
I do have the habit of using the same style in commit messages.

What do you suggest? Is it ok to be consistent using Emacs style
in commit messages when typing Emacs' elements?

There is also ‘this’ kind of quoting in Emacs. Is it just `this'
rendered into `this', or should you write ‘this’ to begin with?

Just to rephrase.  In Emacs I write elisp elements `like-this'.
Is it the "right" style or should I write ‘like-this’.  Then in
*commit messages* I keep writing elisp elements `like-this' [or
should I write ‘like-this’?], but not non-elisp elements, which
I quote 'like-this' or "like-this"...

Forgive me... I don't want to raise confusion.  I hope that you
all may find reasoning in my bad writing "style"... ;)

Thanks!