Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 15:05:49 -0400

>    Is there a reason why the user needs to enable this explicitly?

IIRC the issue is that it prevents *other* uses of the mouse in xterm.
But I'm not quite sure what these are nor how important they are.
Maybe it's time to make a formal request to enable it by default?

> Not everyone uses xterm as their terminal of choise.

Not sure how that's related.  `xterm-mouse-mode` should only have an
effect in the terminals in which it works.  Are you saying that it is
known to have undesirable side-effects in some terminals?

        Stefan