Re: A new user perspective about "Changes for emacs 28"

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: A new user perspective about "Changes for emacs 28"
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 22:40:10 -0400

  > 1) the lack of interaction of core emacs developers with the communities
  > outside (github independent package developers, reddit, telegram groups)
  > It happens to me once that I knew about an error in a feature I
  > implemented because someone talk about it in a Telegram group about
  > emacs in Spanish. They didn't report the issue because they didn't know
  > how to do so (they were looking on github/issues as usual) but also
  > because they didn't know enough english.

If people are blocked by a language barrier, I doubt we could do
anything effective to help them, so we may as well not worry about it
much.

However, if there are people who could report it if only they knew
how, that is something we could help with.  We could write a short
invitation to report bugs, which gives briefly the info and points
at the Emacs Manual's explanation, and we could send that to every
forum where it would reach some interested people.  It could say
which methods of communication we don't use, and why.

As for Spanish speakers, there are probably some Emacs developers that
could read bug reports in Spanish.  Should we write, in Spanish, a
brief guide for sending bug reports to us in Spanish?

--
Dr Richard Stallman