Re: Interactive guide for new users

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Interactive guide for new users
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 21:01:03 +0300

On 13.09.2020 05:35, Ergus wrote:
Even so, it has unfortunate limitations like not being able to adjust the height according to the number of available completions. And different features that use minibuffer are likely to expose other sharp corners of this (very impressive) hack. Like, some previous version of icomplete-vertial failed to work with it. The current seems to work fine, though.

I have been trying ivy-posframe and it seems that the posframe library
solves this for them.

Sorry, missed this reply.

Indeed, the height issue seems to be solved there. I don't 100% like how it behaves in the middle of the frame, but that can be improved too. No fundamental limitations there, at least.