Re: Interactive guide for new users

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Interactive guide for new users
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 23:10:01 +0200

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 08:20:23PM +0200, Tim Van den Langenbergh wrote:
On Sunday, 13 September 2020 04:35:22 CEST Ergus wrote:
I think that "something similar" is ivy+counsel. It works pretty fine,
lighter than helm and it is in elpa. The api engine is very polished and
the experience in general is better than with icomplete because it also
has integrated all the completion engines, sorting and formats in a
modular way.

Well, ivy still has the problem that it doesn't handle file finding properly.
(I.E. in normal find-file I can type ~/.c/r/r<TAB> and it gets auto-completed
to ~/.config/retroarch/re with further completions. If I try that with Ivy I
get ~/.cache/r/r without further completions.)
Icomplete is fine, though.

I have never used that :p. Any way did you report that in the ivy
repository issues?  @abo-abo usually solves that kind of problems very
quickly.