Re: Interactive guide for new users

From: Tim Van den Langenbergh
Subject: Re: Interactive guide for new users
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 20:20:23 +0200

On Sunday, 13 September 2020 04:35:22 CEST Ergus wrote:
> I think that "something similar" is ivy+counsel. It works pretty fine,
> lighter than helm and it is in elpa. The api engine is very polished and
> the experience in general is better than with icomplete because it also
> has integrated all the completion engines, sorting and formats in a
> modular way.

Well, ivy still has the problem that it doesn't handle file finding properly.
(I.E. in normal find-file I can type ~/.c/r/r<TAB> and it gets auto-completed
to ~/.config/retroarch/re with further completions. If I try that with Ivy I
get ~/.cache/r/r without further completions.)
Icomplete is fine, though.