Re: A modern-mode?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: A modern-mode?
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 12:45:27 -0400

   > The usual way of solving this is to turn it on in your .emacs.
   >
   > Why does it have to be a command-line option (that isn't --eval)?

   I imagine myself in the condition of giving a suggestion to a colleague
   for trying out Emacs.  It's very easy to suggest like '-m'.  IMO it is
   already considerably more complex to start explaining --eval... or the
   .emacs equivalent.  And I'm thinking to a colleague,  if I think to
   someone less computer skilled it's even worst.

   Yes I know may sounds strange I believe this is a first barrier.

Most users would just click on an icon to start emacs, I doubt that
they would fire up a terminal and then do emacs --help and find a -m
option.

It would be either that, or guidance from someone to suggest to use -m
-- then one might as well teach them plain Emacs which isn't hard.