Re: A proposal for a friendlier Emacs

From: Nicholas Savage
Subject: Re: A proposal for a friendlier Emacs
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 08:40:59 -0400

I like the idea of a configuration wizard, but I agree that I wouldn't want to
have to deal with it when logging into a new machine or using emacs -Q.

What if the installer created a file somewhere in Emacs etc folder, such as
`trigger_conf_wizard'. Then, Emacs checks if that file exists or not. If it
does exist, run the configuration wizard and subsequently delete the file. If
it doesn't exist, skip the wizard. This way too if you're fooling around with
your .emacs, or testing the vanilla configuration, you won't have to worry
about the wizard or figuring out the switch for it.