Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 19:14:14 +0200

> Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:
>
>>> What is the status with regards to copyright assignment for that code?
>>> I personally think the idea makes sense, but we would need to sort that
>>> part out before we can consider it for vanilla.
>> GPL 3
>>
>> "Copyright © 2011-2020 Bozhidar Batsov, Thomas Frössman, and contributors.
>>
>> Distributed under the GNU General Public License, version 3"
>>
>> I don't know how many are contributors in the statement above
>>
>> I have sent him email and ask if he is willing to assign the copyright
>> to fsf, and ask if he can check the dev-list himself; would be the best
>> if he has possibility to participate himself.
>
> Thanks.
>
> I believe you can see a list of all contributors here:
>
>     https://github.com/bbatsov/solarized-emacs/graphs/contributors
>
> AFAIU, we would need copyright assignments for any contributor with more
> than 15 lines of changes in total.

Ok, so the legal issues set stop for the proposal?

Some of the people seem familiar from this list :-), but some not; so I
guess getting them all to sign might be tedious if not impossible task?

Maybe it is then easiest just to implement some framework similar to
Solarized and then implement the theme itself afterwords?