Re: Context menus and mouse-3 [was: Changes for emacs 28]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Context menus and mouse-3 [was: Changes for emacs 28]
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 00:01:54 -0400

  > > Constructively, I propose to include in Emacs a new mode
  > > (with a name like 'modern-mouse-mode') where

Sure, why not?

  > But why not make this the default?

Changing the default is a serious matter.  It requires agreement that
the new default is better.  By contrast, introducing a new optional
mode does not require much discussion.

Once we release Emacs with this new mode, we can ask users to try it
and we can find out whether people like it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman