Re: feature/icomplete-vertical

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: feature/icomplete-vertical
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 17:49:04 +0200

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 11:37:07AM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Alas an estimate is not enough in this case.  As Ergus just wrote, if there
 are too many candidates the prompt disappears, leaving the cursor at the
 beginning of the minibuffer, which is counterintuitive.  A simple example:
 after (setq max-mini-window-height 1), with "M-x a" the "M-x" prompt and
 the "a" disappear.

That can (and should) be fixed without having to reduce the number of
candidates inserted in the (mini)buffer.

       Stefan

It will be great if you give me an idea about how to do that. Because
all the code seems to be designed with this assumption in mind. And also
ido and the others had similar issues with this.

I mean, if we can go around the prompt issue all this will be much
easier.