[ELPA] New package: splash-screen

From: Nicolas P. Rougier
Subject: [ELPA] New package: splash-screen
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 10:35:51 +0200

Given the ongoing thread on a friendler Emacs, maybe this is not the best time to propose this new package that aims at providing an alternative splash-screen I've no idea if it's ok to propose such a package for inclusion in ELPA.

Here is a mockup:

+–––——————————––––––––––––––––––––––––––––———————————————————————+
|                         <www.gnu.org>                          |
|                     GNU Emacs version XX.Y                     |
|                      Type Ctrl-h for help                      |
|           GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY          |
|        Copyright (C) 2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc.       |
+–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––———————————————————————+

- No logo (not even in graphical mode)
- Vertical and horizontal scroll bars are hidden
- Modeline is hidden
- " ", "x", "q", <esc>, <return> or <mouse-1> kills the splash screen
- "C-h" shows the regular startup screen
- Splash screen is automatically killed after 3 seconds
- With emacs-mac (Mituharu), splash screen is faded out after 3 seconds

Usage:
(require 'splash-screen)

Nicolas

splash-screen.el: