Re: [ELPA] New package: splash-screen

From: Nicolas P. Rougier
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: splash-screen
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 22:33:20 +0200

I think Emacs should emphasize the fact that it's Free rather than gratis and the underlying ideas of freedom and the copyleft technique to
enforce it.

But is it the right place to do so?

But the average users won't necessarily know it and they'll (rightfully) think "an editor shouldn't be so complex that I'd require help right
from the start" so they won't do C-h and won't get to see that
extra info.

I replaced it with "Type <i> for more info". Note that a brand new user will not see this screen since it is a package that needs first to be installed.

Nicolas