Re: [ELPA] New package: splash-screen

From: Nicolas P. Rougier
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: splash-screen
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 08:17:41 +0200

All GNU programs that have a splash screen should include
the copyright, license notice, and no warranty notice in it.
If you notice any exceptions, would you please tell me?
I will politely remind the maintainers of the importance of
doing this.

From what I've understood of the reference below [1], I think it
implies that warranty should be conspicuously written:

"U.C.C. Section 2-316 prescribes certain procedures that vendors
 must follow to disclaim implied warranties: disclaimers must be
 conspicuous; they may not conflict with express warranties; and
 they must use prescribed language."

I'll put back the warranty notice.

Nicolas

[1] Robert W. Gomulkiewicz, The Implied Warranty of Merchantability
   in Software Contracts: A Warranty No One Dares to Give and How
to Change That, 16 J. Marshall J. Computer & Info. L. 393 (1998)
   http://repository.jmls.edu/jitpl/vol16/iss2/6