Re: How to make Emacs popular again.

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: How to make Emacs popular again.
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 02:29:57 +0300

On 28.09.2020 06:45, Richard Stallman wrote:

   > Here's a simple example:

   > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-09/msg00842.html

Referring to messages that way is inconvenient for me.  The message is
in my saved mail, but I cannot find it with that info.  Would you
please send message IDs instead?  I can search for that.

Too bad. Perhaps the generated HTML should include something unique in the urls to help refer to. Not sure what, though. You can't easily read a website. My email client can't search by message ID.

Anyway, here it is: <d9c671f2-dfa1-ffdd-f501-83c143d350e7@yandex.ru>

See this and the preceding thread.

   > BTW, my last personal email to you has seen no response. Were you too
   > busy, or is there some delivery problem, maybe?

Sorry, I don't remember.  I don't remember things like that for very
long nowadays.  If it was important, ask me again.

OK, will do.