Re: Obtaining a database of new functionality per Emacs version

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Obtaining a database of new functionality per Emacs version
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 10:31:18 +0300

* Vasilij Schneidermann <mail@vasilij.de> [2020-12-07 16:30]:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm looking into creating a tool helping me with ensuring that my
> packages actually support the Emacs versions they claim to by
> highlighting uses of unsupported functions/variables [1].

If one could launch automatically various Emacs versions and obtain a
list of all functions and all variables, by also keeping those flags
if variable is obsolete or not, or function is obsolete or not, then
such lists could be exported for each Emacs version and their
differences easily found. Process could be automated and lists of
functions and variables could be included in Emacs package that could
help new packages to know if some function or variable is not
compatible with some versions.

Jean