Script for compiling more quietly

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Script for compiling more quietly
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 19:10:24 +0100

For some time now, I've been using the simple shell script below to do
non-development Emacs compilation.  That is, when I say "git pull" I
always say "emake" afterwards, and I also run it when I apply patches
from people and stuff.  It basically suppresses all the informational
messages from the build process, leaving me with just the bear
necessities, so that you can forget about your worries and your strife,
I mean, the wall of text.

I find it handy, because it really makes things obvious when warnings do
happen -- I don't have to actually pay attention.

(It can obviously not be used when actually developing, because it makes
it impossible to jump to errors from the *Compilation* buffer.)

I wonder whether anybody would find this useful, and if so, whether it
would make sense to stash it in, say, admin/make-silent or something.