Re: Org-mode bugs in the Emacs bug tracker

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Org-mode bugs in the Emacs bug tracker
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 08:47:08 +1100

What is https://updates.orgmode.org? when I try that url, I get a 502 bad gateway error.

The bit I find frustrating is I don't know where bug submitted to emacs-orgmode@gnu.org get tracked i.e. those which are only submitted to the list and are not passed to the list from debbugs.gnu.org. I see bug reports come through on the list and I sometimes see patches posted to the list to address a bug, but where can I go to see the status of all currently known bugs and see threads relating to work in resolving the bugs etc. I don't mind if this means checking multiple repositories (though it would be better if there was one definitive repository).

Is there some place where all bugs reported to emacs-orgmode list are tracked? For example, if tomorrow I find I have some spare time and would like to contribute to org mode by seeing if I can fix a bug, where can I go to find a list of bugs with current details about the status (including whether someone else is already working to resolve it).

Tim

On Sat, 12 Dec 2020 at 00:13, Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se> wrote:
Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se> writes:
>
>> 3. Leave it all alone; continue as we have been.
>
> I think the one above is okay, as long as (1) we clearly encourage
> users to send bugs to emacs-orgmode@gnu.org and (2) we find someone in
> Org's community in charge of handling org-related Emacs debbugs bugs.

Thanks.  But in addition to emacs-orgmode@gnu.org there are then three
places to look for Org-mode bugs:

1. https://updates.orgmode.org/
2. https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=org-mode
3. https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=emacs

I therefore still think we should consider getting rid of at least one
of the last two for org-mode bugs.

(My preference would be to reassign any relevant bugs to org-mode, but
either way should help make things clearer.)

WDYT?

--
regards,

Tim