Org-mode in debbugs [was Re: bug archiving policy]

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Org-mode in debbugs [was Re: bug archiving policy]
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 12:09:33 -0500

Michael Albinus wrote:

>>> Also we can ask debbugs to forward all `org`-tagged bug info to the
>>> orgmode mailing-list.
>>
>> Yes, I would welcome this move too.
>
> I have added org-mode now as first class citizen to debbugs.gnu.org, see
> <https://debbugs.gnu.org/Packages.html>. Could you pls send some test
> data (aka test bugs) in order to check that it works as expected?
>
> I have also used emacs-orgmode@gnu.org as maintainer address. This must
> not be wrong, but if you have another preference ...

?

Please note that this has been in place for about a decade already.
Ie, there already was an org-mode entry in /etc/debbugs/Maintainers.
Now there are two...

Ref eg https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-10/msg00253.html

In case people are confused about how this works:

1. Sending to submit@debbugs with package org-mode sends the report to the
org mode list (since about 2010).

2. If an existing bug is reassigned to org-mode, all future
correspondence goes to the org mode list. (But the act of reassigning
does not trigger a notification mail to that list. So reassign, then
send a followup mail.)

See c-submit-bug-report for a way to integrate into a bug reporting
command.