Org-mode bugs in the Emacs bug tracker (was: Re: bug archiving policy)

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Org-mode bugs in the Emacs bug tracker (was: Re: bug archiving policy)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 07:45:08 -0600

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Yes, I recommend sending bug reports to emacs-orgmode@gnu.org first.

I have been thinking a little bit about the org-mode bugs we currently
have in the Emacs bug tracker.  In general, of course we can keep them
open if it helps and the status quo seems to work mostly fine.  But it
seems like these bugs risk becoming a bit forgotten and unattended.

Perhaps we would be better off forwarding any org-mode bugs to you for
tracking instead.  The alternatives I see are:

1. Reassign any such bugs to package "org-mode", which leaves them at:
   https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=org-mode

2. Close these bugs in our tracker and forward them to
   emacs-orgmode@gnu.org.

3. Leave it all alone; continue as we have been.

Do you have any preference or thoughts about the above?

(Please forgive me if this has already been discussed in the past.
I tried searching emacs-devel but couldn't find anything.)