Re: Org-mode bugs in the Emacs bug tracker

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Org-mode bugs in the Emacs bug tracker
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 00:45:58 +0100

Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se> writes:

> 1. https://updates.orgmode.org/
> 2. https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=org-mode
> 3. https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=emacs
>
> I therefore still think we should consider getting rid of at least one
> of the last two for org-mode bugs.
>
> (My preference would be to reassign any relevant bugs to org-mode, but
> either way should help make things clearer.)

https://updates.orgmode.org is for anything worth tracking:
change notices, help requests, *confirmed* bugs, etc.

I thought the only other place for Org tickets was
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=org-mode

I'm all for having tickets from debbugs package=emacs tracked on
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=org-mode instead.

But I don't see why all this is really an issue.

If people want to help, they can first check *confirmed* bugs on
https://updates.orgmode.org then track bugs on debbugs.

--
 Bastien