Re: package-quickstart: How To Debug?

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: package-quickstart: How To Debug?
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 18:18:19 +0100

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:

> Interesting. From what I remember, package-quickstart was bombing out
> because of calls to eieio -- likely due to some macro expansion
> error. I've worked around it for now by uninstalling marhsall and what
> needed it --- given that Emacs is my primary/only environment for
> geting spoken feedback without which I cannot work productively, I'm
> not going to go chase this further --- Emacs not starting makes
> things very hard :-)
Yes, I understand you. It is pain when Emacs does not start at all, I
hate it myself.

If Emacs does not start because of quickstart, you can always run it
with -Q or -q flags, so quickstart wont come into play.

But as said; I installed those and byte-compiled quickstart file and it
worked. So it can be something else in your setup. Or maybe just older
Emacs bombs out? Have you tried to build newer from the master?