Re: package-quickstart: How To Debug?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: package-quickstart: How To Debug?
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 13:21:43 -0500

> But as said; I installed those and byte-compiled quickstart file and it
> worked.  So it can be something else in your setup.  Or maybe just older
> Emacs bombs out? Have you tried to build newer from the master?

It could also be an interaction between several packages, or god knows
what else.

T.V. if you can try and reproduce the problem on your side (e.g. by
re-installing those `marshall` and `gh` libraries) then maybe we could
use your generated `package-quickstart.el` file to reproduce the problem
on our side.

        Stefan