Re: New year - Out with the old!

From: novim
Subject: Re: New year - Out with the old!
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 21:43:31 +0000

> Getting Emacs to work like other editors is not providing
> something that does not already exist, but in a real way taking
> something away from people who don't have other good choices.

Apparently, you misunderstood my suggestion. I didn't talk about
changing emacs defaults.

I suggested creating keybinding emulations which a new user can
turn on the first time he starts emacs, so he doesn't have to
start learning new keybindings right away when trying out emacs.

So it's an optional thing which can make emacs less alien for
users coming from other editors.