Re: Recentish C-s M-y change

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Recentish C-s M-y change
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 01:46:30 +0100

Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

> This has been discussed many times, and the most promising solution is
> to add a single variable that will define whether the user prohibits
> changing the definitions of traditional keys.

I don't think that's a feasible solution -- some changed keybindings are
fine (because nobody are using them) and some are annoying.  The only
way to find out which is which is to try and see whether somebody says
"eep".

And it seems like we've gotten three "eep"s on this one, so I think it's
time to admit that this one didn't work out, and restore the old
keybinding.  (And move the new functionality to some new key binding.)