Re: Recentish C-s M-y change

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Recentish C-s M-y change
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 07:57:58 +0300

* Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> [2020-12-29 20:26]:
> Personally, I use `C-s C-y' as a prefix key for
> several different yank commands.  So that's another
> reason I'm not in favor of moving the longstanding
> `C-s M-y' behavior to `C-s C-y'.

My experience:

When people spoke about C-s M-y I was wondering because I was thinking
I use that and I never had a problem, but then I see I was using C-s
C-y without even thinking.

C-y is yank so C-s C-y is logical.

M-y is yank-pop usually used after C-y, so C-s M-y is logical
extension to same basic feature.

I would not expenct C-s M-y to do something different than what M-y
does without C-s