Re: project-find-file: switch to include non-tracked files

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: project-find-file: switch to include non-tracked files
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 15:44:33 +0200

> Manuel Uberti <manuel.uberti@inventati.org> writes:
>
> > Sorry to bring up this again, but is there anything that can be done on
> > this?
> >
> > The proposed solution with C-u C-x p f seems very reasonable to me, I
> > don't know what others project.el users think though.
>
> I agree, my only concern is if there might be a better use for C-u that
> we aren't seeing right now.

In projectile, they have:

    (projectile-find-file &optional INVALIDATE-CACHE)

    Jump to a project’s file using completion.
    With a prefix arg INVALIDATE-CACHE invalidates the cache first.

But their default mode of operation is to show all files, not just
tracked ones, so I think they have more use for a cache.