Re: project-find-file: switch to include non-tracked files

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: project-find-file: switch to include non-tracked files
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 16:06:36 +0200

Manuel Uberti <manuel.uberti@inventati.org> writes:

> At the top of project.el I see this:
>
> ;; * Reliably cache the list of files in the project, probably using
> ;;   filenotify.el (if supported) to invalidate.  And avoiding caching
> ;;   if it's not available (manual cache invalidation is not nice).
>
> So maybe going for manual cache invalidation is not the best approach?

Right, they probably had their reasons for doing that - perhaps it was
just easier - but it sounds like something that we would want to
avoid.

I don't have any other ideas for what to use the prefix key for.
Worst case, we'll need a new command or a double prefix for anything
new that comes up.  So I think using the prefix key here sounds
reasonable - and it also happens to be a very nice user interface,
IMO.