Re: master 859190f 2/3: Convert some keymaps to defvar-keymap

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: master 859190f 2/3: Convert some keymaps to defvar-keymap
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 05:07:53 -0700

Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:

> If by "that" you mean "use a more readable syntax for key bindings,
> without wrapping each key binding in a call to kbd", then this is not what
> we will have, even with Stefan K's patch, with which it will be possible
> to use (kbd ...) in preloaded files.  To have "that", it would be
> necessary to go one step further.  Which was the main point of my
> proposal.

Did you see Richard's reply in this thread?  I found it interesting and
worth thinking about, especially the part where he says "maybe we should
fully adopt a cleaner interface for specifying a key to bind".

I think it would be useful if we could come up with some ideas for what
something like that could look like.  Of course, nothing is a given, but
a good enough proposal might convince.