Re: master 86dc875bf5 2/2: Make browse-url.el support for plain "mozilla

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: master 86dc875bf5 2/2: Make browse-url.el support for plain "mozilla" obsolete
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 06:05:44 -0700

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> IIRC this is used for SeaMonkey as well, which is still actively
> developed and used.  But I'm not sure.

The SeaMonkey binary is called "seamonkey", so even that won't work
OOTB.

If we want to follow the browse-url historical "tradition", we should
add variables for "seamonkey"... but I'm not sure adding variables for
every little web browser out there is a very great idea.  (See also the
TODO item about cleaning this all up.)

IMHO, it should be enough to provide facilities for the main web
browsers (and those important to the free software mission) and then
defer to e.g. XDG.  So I'd recommend SeaMonkey users to use something
like:

    xdg-settings set default-web-browser seamonkey.desktop