Re: Special Event: Davin reveals his own personal additions to Emacs.

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: Special Event: Davin reveals his own personal additions to Emacs.
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 11:22:19 -0700

On 7/10/22 05:57, Stefan Monnier wrote:
I think it's a fairly common practice.  I tend to use `my-` for that
purpose, hoping that there's a chance we can avoid having someone write
a package that uses this `my-` prefix, whereas it seems unlikely that
noone will ever write a package that uses a prefix which conflicts
with someone's initials.

Maybe we should officially declare the `my-` prefix as reserved for the
end-user.

I use ~/ (as in `~/kill-this-buffer', for example), since they are my "home"
functions.