Re: Special Event: Davin reveals his own personal additions to Emacs.

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Special Event: Davin reveals his own personal additions to Emacs.
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 21:50:40 +0200

Clément Pit-Claudel <cpitclaudel@gmail.com> writes:

> I use ~/ (as in `~/kill-this-buffer', for example), since they are my
> "home" functions.

I used to use "my-" and "my/" but never liked the misalignment in M-x
and everywhere else.  It almost felt as if extending Emacs was not
something common.

Now, I append "+" to the function name, and I cannot get enough of its
beauty.  The plus denotes "added" by the user.  Examples:

magit-commit-mail-and-news+
org-remove-all-links+

(If we had a standard way to extend Emacs, we could not just provide
certain guarantees to the user [at least per convention] but also some
UI affordances, such as highlighted trailing "+" in M-x and such.)

Rudy
--
"I love deadlines.  I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."
-- Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt, 2002

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia