Re: Questions about Quail

From: Visuwesh
Subject: Re: Questions about Quail
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 12:13:47 +0530

[ஞாயிறு ஜூலை 17, 2022] Visuwesh wrote:

>     2. Currently the quail-keyboard-layout-standard resembles the VT100
>        keyboard layout, can we change it to resemble the US Qwerty
>        layout instead?  This is not a problem when writing a new Quail
>        keyboard layout in quail-keyboard-layout-alist but it is a
>        problem when the keyboard layout is printed.

Hmm, maybe it is better to let the sleeping dogs lie and put with the
confusing keyboard representation...  It seems easy to change the
quail-keyboard-layout-standard to a US Qwerty keyboard layout but since
I don't have any of the other keyboards defined in the alist to test, I
don't think I should touch it.

BTW, if you want a print of these keyboard, you can ask xkb:

    % setxkbmap gb -option -geometry 'pc(pc105)' -print |xkbcomp - - |xkbprint
-label symbols - pc105-uk.ps
    % setxkbmap de -option -geometry 'pc(pc102)' -print |xkbcomp - - |xkbprint
-label symbols - pc102-de.ps

I can send these postscript files if you're interested.