Re: Questions about Quail

From: Visuwesh
Subject: Re: Questions about Quail
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 14:32:01 +0530

[ Sorry for the noise.  I should have checked all this at once but hey I
  am an idiot.  ]

> The ibus input method does not care about the character before point, it
> only checks the keystrokes hmm...  I will wait for user feedback™ to
> decide which is better.

I did a very quick test of tamil99 keyboard layout in MS Windows 10 (I
think) and it does what I do i.e., consider the character before point
rather than the keystrokes.  So the implementation varies a lot and
everyone decides for themselves what the best choice is so I will too. :P