Re: EBrowse obsolete?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: EBrowse obsolete?
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 12:18:12 +0200

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Tim,

> What I found worked much better and took a lot less configuration was to
> use FUSE to mount a local ssh filesystem of the remote repository and
> then just edit it as if it was local. I would then just use an ssh
> session inside emacs to execute/run things.

FTR, Tramp has implemented this. The method is called "sshfs" (surprise :-)

Using Tramp with this method avoids your need to configure the sshfs
connection manually. Additionally, it allows you in Emacs to call remote
processes on the remote host, which wouldn't be possible with just a
manual configured sshfs.

Best regards, Michael.