Re: [ELPA] New package: salv

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: salv
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 23:27:02 +0600

Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:

> Hi Stefan, et al,
>
> I'd like to submit salv.el [0] to GNU ELPA.  The readme describes it
> like so:
>
>   Salve, v. t. & i.
>
>   To save, as a ship or goods, from the perils of the sea.
>
>   --Webster, 1913
>
>   Q: How does this package differ from other ones that automatically
>      save buffers?
>
>   A: Salve is a buffer-local minor mode, rather than being a global
>      mode.  It is activated in buffers the user wants to be saved,
>      rather than in all buffers (requiring the user to exclude ones that
>      aren't to be saved).  It uses per-buffer idle timers, rather than a
>      global timer.  It only runs a timer when a buffer is modified after
>      being saved, rather than constantly.  Because of these
>      characteristics, it's simple and lightweight.
>
> Please see the attached patch to elpa-packages.
>
> Thanks,
> Adam
>
> 0: https://github.com/alphapapa/salv.el

What is the name, "Salv" or "Salve"?  You say "Salv" in the title, but
in the Q/A quoted from your README, you say "Salve".

--
Akib Azmain Turja

Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social.

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  It's fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5