Re: master 616da8fa8e: Merge branch 'feature/fix-the-long-lines-display-

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: master 616da8fa8e: Merge branch 'feature/fix-the-long-lines-display-bug'
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 13:50:41 +0000

Then why is it a number and not a boolean? A number that I don't know how to change is as good as a constant.

If we decide that there's no reason for users to change the number, we might consider making it a boolean, indeed.

Not a boolean, because even if there is no reason for users to change the number, there are at least three useful values: always disabled, enabled iff the buffer contains long lines, always enabled. Which you can get now by setting the variable to nil, 10000, and 0.

I'm also pretty sure we would have bug reports if what a "long line" is was hardcoded. So from my point of view the variable is fine as it is.