Re: master 616da8fa8e: Merge branch 'feature/fix-the-long-lines-display-

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: master 616da8fa8e: Merge branch 'feature/fix-the-long-lines-display-bug'
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 21:53:06 +0800

Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:

> You don't have to change it.

So why make it an option and document it as such?  What is the purpose?

> Are you kidding?  Try, for example:
>
> https://github.com/Wilfred/ReVo-utilities/blob/a4bdc40dd2656c496defc461fc19c403c8306d9f/revo-export/dictionary.json?raw=true
>
> No type M-> C-p.  Before the merge this takes about 50 seconds (about
> 20 seconds for M-> and 30 seconds for C-p).  Now it is instantaneous.
> And that's only a moderately large file (20 MB).  Try the same with a
> 1 GB file, and M-> will never end.

Right.  But a change from 50 seconds to 20 seconds is not enough for
pixel-scroll-precision-mode.

I guess redisplay is now faster, but vertical-movement itself is still
as slow as it was.

> Meanwhile, could you please fix the build breakage introduced by
> a29a3ad55d?

What build breakage?  a29a3ad55d worked on all platforms when I tested
it, so please show the build error.