Re: master 05d240997a 2/2: Add native-compile-prune-cache command

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: master 05d240997a 2/2: Add native-compile-prune-cache command
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 17:55:27 +0000

>> I'm not sure why custom should load it (not a custom expert here), but
>> assuming it is for making any use of it I'd say it is.
>>
>> Maybe an example of why custom should load comp would make my ideas more
>> clear on this.
>
> It's not just custom, there are all kinds of cases.
> E.g. earlier, I loaded `comp.elc` into my no-native-compiler Emacs
> session because I did `C-h o native-compile-prune-cache RET` which loaded
> the file to find the docstring.
> [ Actually, it loaded it before I hit RET, because I used completion,
>   which triggered loading of `comp.elc` in order to provide completions
>   for the `native-compile-` prefix.  ]

I see, yeah than I defently agree we need to support loading comp.el
also on a non native compiled Emacs.

BTW, now that we have sympol positions, I'd like to extend comp.el for
compile time analysis/diagnostic and this should be useful to all Emacs
confs, so before or later loading (but also using) comp on all confs is
probably something we might want to do.

  Andrea