Re: Docstring hack

From: Lynn Winebarger
Subject: Re: Docstring hack
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 07:57:59 -0400

On Sat, Jul 30, 2022, 12:43 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> From: Lynn Winebarger <owinebar@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 12:32:27 -0400
> Cc: luangruo@yahoo.com, emacs-devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
>  Does this happen with any package we actually preload via loadup.el?
>
> If you're not going to support using site-load except in the most trivial of ways, then you should say that in the
> documentation.

Did I say that we are not going to support this?

I asked an informative question, with the purpose of figuring out how
urgent it is for us to fix this issue.  Do I really deserve a cold
shower for asking such questions?

I'm sorry, I misread the exchange with Po and the response to my other question as being dismissive, and I see I was incorrect.
I just spent way too many hours stepping through code looking for some weird memory corruption issue before discovering the location of the hack in the source.  I had actually looked for it before in lread.c, but for some reason did not find it, since I had seen references to this kind of issue in the documentation.
Thanks for the attention to the matter - I believe others have answered these questions, I'll respond to those.

Lynn