Re: Docstring hack

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Docstring hack
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 11:14:37 +0200

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Or perhaps what Stefan said about applying the kludge only to
> loaddefs.el.

I've had another look at byte-compiling loaddefs.el (which would allow
us to get rid of the kludge altogether, along with ditching make-doc for
this stuff (see bug#53024)), and I think we're closer to allowing that
to happen than I originally thought.

There's a handful of warnings due to things being referred to before
being defined, but that's pretty easy to fix.  The only practical
problem is really that #$ is byte-compiled into nil, which we have to
find a solution for.

I'll go ahead and fix some of the warnings, but does anybody see an
obvious fix for the #$ problem?