An emacs based `xdg-desktop-portal` filechooser

From: Rahguzar
Subject: An emacs based `xdg-desktop-portal` filechooser
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 22:16:11 +0200

Hi All,
   During the past few weeks, I have been working on an Emacs based
implementation of filechooser backend of `xdg-desktop-portal`. It is very rough
around the edges but I have working version at
https://codeberg.org/rahguzar/filechooser.

   When I started I want to put the end result on Gnu Elpa (and that is why I
am posting here, apologies if this isn't the right thing) but it has serious
enough limitations that I don't know if it is a good idea. The limitations are
detailed in the readme file. If you are feeling adventurous and want to try it
out please let me know of your experience and suggestions/criticism.

P.S. I would like to thank Michael Albinus for the dbus support in Emacs and
especially `dbus-monitor` which was very useful in coming to grips with the
maze that is dbus.

Rahguzar